Monday, October 19, 2009

Mobile TV for FREE!

Calling all cell phones! For those of you who have Internet access on your cell phone there is a company out there that has figured out a way to send live streaming TV to your mobiles media player. Here's what you do; Point your cell phone's browser to ( www.vuivision.com ) Once your there just type in your email address and that's it. I have only known about this site for a couple of weeks and they have already added a couple more channels. Here's the list so far: NBC, abc, CBS, FOX, and PBS Kids. I have to say, so far, so good. It's still in the alpha phase, set to move into beta by November 1st, and as of right now it's FREE. I have successfully watched TV on a Storm and Curve. Sorry iPhone users, they don't have the service set up for you yet, but it looks like it should be available in the near future. I haven't actually timed it but there is about a 5 second delay and on some of the channels the audio is a little out of sync with the video. I'm not complaining because again, it's free. As I come across other opportunities to try the site on other phones I will update accordingly. I realize that so far I have only tried Blackberries. Check back frequently for the latest and greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment